Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Furi'ken, Prologue - Into Darkness We Go! Part 1  (Read 4156 times)

Offline Aria

• You are now blinking manually
    • View Profile
Re: Furi'ken, Prologue - Into Darkness We Go! Part 1
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 09:33:53 PM »
Aiu'tarou shook as those harsh words ran through her head. She slid one foot back, putting just a little distance between the two. Her arms curled tightly in front of her chest.

Why am I so scared? The enemy I expected this anger from, but... a friend...

Then Barbanov dropped the pressure and sank his shoulders. He turned around and all Aiu could see was a young boy who played too rough and was being scolded. That gentle expression calmed Aiu a little too well, tears welling up in her eyes.

His warm hand on her shoulder broke the dam.

She closed in and squeezed him in a tight embrace, burying her face in his chest. All the stress and pain from the battle she had bottled up had broken and no words slipped out between the sobs.

Offline SirSkully

• Ignore the Sir, just call me Skully
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 10:52:26 PM »
Barbanov's golden eyes widened as his fellow medic buried her face in his chest, for a moment the Daur was startled and caught off guard by the gesture until he heard Aiu's faint sobbing - that kicked the lad into gear, making him holster his pistol and wrap his lithe arms around her shoulders, the large and fluffy tail attached to his hind hugged around her lower back as Barb attempted to comfort her.

"...there there..." his voice gently muttered into one of her ears, a soothing tone that had all but forgotten about his own emotional outburst just moments ago - a few of the things Aiu said earlier drifted through his mind as Barbanov gently squeezed her, more used to the one giving hugs than being the one receiving them.

"It's over, you're safe now Aiu..." he continued, though he'd be lying if the first half of that line wasn't partially an apology.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 10:54:39 PM by SirSkully »

Offline Aria

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 11:09:41 AM »
"That's not... that's not..." Aiu muttered, but she couldn't form her thoughts into words between tears. She wanted to tell him it wasn't about her safety. She wanted to tell him about feeling helpless. Helpless and stuck watching pain and suffering all around her. Waking up surrounded by new friends dead on the floor. Violence used to justify violence.

And the thought of a friend being pulled down that cruel path.

Aiu had thought Barb was strong as he stood up against the enemy in defense of his crew with a reassuring smile. Now she wasn't so sure. He was fallible like she was. He needed someone to watch over him and keep him from steering away from that happy light. Aiu slowly pulled herself back, eyes still focused on his chest.

"Ah, I got a little blood on your uniform, sorry," she said quietly, rubbing the spot a little with her sleeve to try and clean it. She was distracting herself, she realized. Aiu sniffled to clear her nose, then looked at Barb directly with her bright sky blue eyes.

"Please... don't become like them..."

Offline SirSkully

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 11:44:00 PM »

"Please... don't become like them..."

Those words bounced around the boy's head for a bit, is that how she saw him? as somebody who might become the enemy? he needed to resolve this.

"No I... I'm the one that's sorry," Barb spoke as he looked down to Aiu's shorter frame, moving to wrap the floppy-eared girl in his warm embrace once more - holding back his own tears as Barbanov held her close and began apologizing more.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry... I get mad but, I'm still me I promise," the injured, dirty and very sorry medic tried to convince her - he never had been in complete control of this anger that welled inside him, a force that built and built until he couldn't hide it anymore and it exploded. Today had been rough on everyone involved, so much loss and pain and confusion - it was a lot to take it.

"...please forgive me..."was the last thing muttered as Barbanov stood there in silence, his tail looking to wrap around Aiu's and ask for forgiveness as he embraced her - one clear thing was on his mind though, somebody needed to be there to protect this sweet girl and he couldn't do that if he was going to explode when things got tough.

Offline Aria

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2018, 12:43:21 PM »
Now it was Aiu's turn to be caught off guard as she was pulled back into Barb's embrace. She realized her words were a bit too blunt, a problem she tends to have. Barb was a sweet Daur who had an extremely rough day just like her.

Aiu wrapped her arms around him once again and tried to copy his tail hug, but her tail could only wrap around his knees. Instead she remembered what she did for her little brother for years. She reached her right arm up, a bit of a stretch for her, and gently rubbed his head from behind.

"It's okay, it's okay. I forgive you of course. We all get angry sometimes, I just wanted to ask that you don't let it control you. I don't think it would, but it was an emotional impulse for me to ask. Sorry about that."

Offline Kalshion

• Staff Member
  • <3
  • Here now and back again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 12:22:12 PM »
Chi'ka tapped her lower chin in thought as she listened and then nodded. "Ok people," she turned toward her crew and looked at them each individually before continuing. "Let's get ready to-," her voice was cut off when their comm's suddenly lit up.

Ground Force Command to all troops! Enemies have breached the wall, repeat, enemies have breached the wall! V'kaste's Legion is holding them back but suffering losses! Request reinforcements!

This was then followed by another voice:

Air Control to all fighters, enemy warships inbound from the east! Count five. Scramble all fighters, intercept.

The Shipmistress grumbles and turned toward the ship. "Looks like the plans have changed," she shouted and looked at the troops whom had come to their aid. "Board the Furi'ken, bring main weapons online and prefer for an emergency departure."

She looked at her marines. "Marines, report to CiC for weapons operations."

Offline club24

• ManBear, or BearMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2018, 10:11:46 PM »
Micalio nodded at the new orders, despite being an engineer orders were orders and she could fight after all. After the last battle it seemed the two healers couldn't handle the stress and had somewhat cracked, she hadn't being paying them much attention since she was focusing on her own issues. "Not to rain on your parade, but we're still under attack and can't be wasting too much time." The red haired fox said gently, she was no stone cold killer either but it would be bad for all of them if they didn't pull their heads into the game.

Nothing to see here, well nothing yet

Offline Aria

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2018, 11:17:37 AM »
"Ah!" Aiu yelped, jumping a little in surprise. She suddenly realized how they must have looked to those around them. She pulled herself away, her face burning bright red. The sensation of his fluffy golden hair still lingered on her hand. I've never done something like that before and we literally just met!

"W-we should get o-onto the ship," Aiu stammered, turning away from Barbanov and trying to focus back on the mission. That would prove difficult for her though as her heart raced.

Offline Soresu

• Gentlemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 09:23:13 PM »
Ay'indri looked to her communicator, eyes narrowing as more incoming radio chatter piped through the small device. Well, there was no time to pause and reflect on her prior suspicions. There were enemies of the Kingdom that needed slaying. And she would reap her harvest if she get to them. As the Shipmistress barked out her orders, the agent sideswiped the comm's touch sensitive screen and then pocketed it.

The young fox looked to those brave few on their side, and promptly turned on her heel and marched toward the ship to board without comment or complaint.

Offline Kalshion

• Staff Member
  • Yes?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2019, 11:28:54 PM »
Chi'ka waited by the boarding ramp, the one leading up into the ships cargohold, until everyone was on board. Then she marched up the ramp, once at the top she gestured to a crewmen to close the ramp and then walked into the elevator that took her up to the bridge.

"Disconnect all moorings," she shouted and took a seat in the command chair, she glanced briefly at the Lexicon's chair and for a moment wondered if she was ok. The bridge crew went to work, status screens flickered to life, showing several of the moorings coming lose until all were released.

"Command and Control," Chi'ka spoke as she looked at the bases external sensor scans. "You have authority to open fire on any ships over the city, civilian traffic has been cleared and been ordered to stay clear of the city."

She leaned back in her chair, glancing slightly toward the aviator. For a moment she thought about how they should proceed here, going through the underground canals would take them at least ten minutes given their distance from the water and the fact that they were in the center of the city. She considered the overhead launch doors, which were currently inoperable due to the lack of power.

"CiC," she spoke as the ship eased itself out of its dock. "Aim turrets three and four at the overhead doors, we have no power to open them so we'll just have to make our own exit," as she said this the ship gradually began to tilt upward, providing the third and forth turret a clear and accurate shot toward the doors. She didn't bother to mention that those turrets would not only blow the doors clean off but would also make them quite the target, then again, that was the plan.

Offline Aria

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2019, 11:16:53 AM »
Once on board the ship, Aiu jogged over to the medical bay. She wasn't sure if there were many injured, but she wanted to be ready to respond quickly if anyone needed assistance. That and the medbay felt like the place she belonged, where she could be useful to everyone and not just a target.

Aiu reached the medbay and flipped on the lights. She sat in the silence of the still room and breathed deeply. That impromptu crying helped a lot, though it was definitely not professional. I need to do better containing myself...

Offline SirSkully

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 01:02:39 AM »
"Yeah... yeah, sorry," Barbanov spoke back to Micalio as Aiu moved out of his embrace, he'd hugged people before but that was something else entirely, much more intense than when greeting a family member or friend - and his family was almost the definition the tactile sort, a DePolanskaya family meetup was... something alright.

The golden-brown medical fox ran his hands back through his shaggy hair briefly before giving the engineer one final nod and then moving to board the ship, heading towards the armoury to strip out of the ruined armour and into his more sterile underclothes which consisted of a white shirt and some blue boxer shorts over his lean frame - hissing a little out of pain as he ran some cold water over the burn on his hand to clean and, in the long run, soothe it before applying a little bit of ointment to the angry flesh and then a medical glove to cover it.

It was a good enough fix for now, so the clean-shaven boy casually stepped out into the hallway in his undergarments and began walking off towards his room, tail lazily bobbing and swaying with each step.

Offline Soresu

• Gentlemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2019, 07:56:02 PM »
Ay'indri had made a beeline right for the CIC once she arrived on the bridge. The small Or'ion agent spoke quickly to a few people there and began to check the logs coming in. She seemed particularly interested in what was being said on the city defense net. Just how did they manage to get there with little to no notice? Her eyes narrowed a little as she both listened to what was being piped in through audio and looking at a screen.

She lightly tapped a fingernail against the console while thinking. The most obvious would be that someone had somehow managed to get them through. Or perhaps provided valuable information on the defenses of the city itself. The thought of a mole soured her mood even further. Reports kept coming in and she kept browsing them as necessary. She felt helpless, her job was to root out the enemy from within and from without. And the best way she knew how was to see to the business herself, in person with a gun or sword in hand. Ay'indri sucked on her teeth making a 'Tch' sound.

Offline Kalshion

• Staff Member
  • Fate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2019, 12:12:10 AM »
As the ship gradually left it's bay, it began to head upwards. After a minute there were a series of rhythmic thumps as the ships top mounted turrets opened fire blew the launch bay doors apart, while parts of the door would fall into the water, most of it was blown outward into the air and would land either in the surroundings parks or evacuated districts.

It wouldn't take long for the ship to clear the exit doors and building would begin to appear on the screen. "Bridge to all crew, we are going to provide cover fire for our forces. Once we have arrived on station, all marines will deploy to the surface to assist in ground operations. Medics are to assist in the recovery of the injured," Chi'ka then switched to a private channel with Ay'indra.

~"Ay'indri, while you are to focus on firing the ships turrets, please also keep your hear to the communications channel. This ship has some of the best ease-dropping equipment you'll find, feel free to use it. If you can sniff out the enemies plans then it'll make it easier for us to counter them."~

With a sly grin Chi'ka crossed one leg over the other.

Infirmary

Perhaps to Aiu's surprise there were two crewmen there with injuries, both of which were on the ship preparing it for the ceremonial launch and were not at all prepared for combat, this meant that they both had varying degrees of injuries as a result of a brief firefight.

Offline Aria

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2019, 12:39:00 PM »
"A-ah, sorry!" Aiu hastily apologized upon seeing two injured people waiting for attention. "I'm sorry no one was stationed in the medbay, I'll look at you right-" Aiu stopped walking halfway to the patients, remembering she was still covered in blood and probably looked as bad as they did.

"...I'll go sterilize first, just give me a second," she muttered before jogging over to a nearby sink. One glance at the mirror instantly made her regret looking at her disheveled self. For now, she ran her hands under the water and scrubbed till most of the blood and dirt came off, then splashed water on her face. She used some soap to get what she could off her face, but it seemed only a long, hot shower would make her feel clean again. She looked at herself again, seeing a slightly cleaner but tired Daur staring back at her.

Aiu wondered briefly if she should call Barb here as well. She might die of a heart attack if left alone with him after what she did. Though, this was his job too, and things might get busy soon as more people made their way here. With a sigh, she pulled out her data pad and composed a professional sounding message to Barb.

"C'Baruce Barbanov, this is C'Baruce Aiu'tarou. We have two injured crewmates in the medbay. I should be able to handle this much on my own, but be advised more may show up as things calm down. Please either report here when you get the chance or at least be on call in case anything happens. Thank you."

With that out of the way, Aiu slipped on some medical gloves and jogged over to the patients. "Alright, sorry for the wait! Whose in worse shape and what happened?"