Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Furi'ken, Prologue - Into Darkness We Go! Part 1  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Aria

• You are now blinking manually
    • View Profile
Re: Furi'ken, Prologue - Into Darkness We Go! Part 1
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 12:33:53 AM »
Aiu'tarou shook as those harsh words ran through her head. She slid one foot back, putting just a little distance between the two. Her arms curled tightly in front of her chest.

Why am I so scared? The enemy I expected this anger from, but... a friend...

Then Barbanov dropped the pressure and sank his shoulders. He turned around and all Aiu could see was a young boy who played too rough and was being scolded. That gentle expression calmed Aiu a little too well, tears welling up in her eyes.

His warm hand on her shoulder broke the dam.

She closed in and squeezed him in a tight embrace, burying her face in his chest. All the stress and pain from the battle she had bottled up had broken and no words slipped out between the sobs.

Offline SirSkully

• Ignore the Sir, just call me Skully
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 01:52:26 AM »
Barbanov's golden eyes widened as his fellow medic buried her face in his chest, for a moment the Daur was startled and caught off guard by the gesture until he heard Aiu's faint sobbing - that kicked the lad into gear, making him holster his pistol and wrap his lithe arms around her shoulders, the large and fluffy tail attached to his hind hugged around her lower back as Barb attempted to comfort her.

"...there there..." his voice gently muttered into one of her ears, a soothing tone that had all but forgotten about his own emotional outburst just moments ago - a few of the things Aiu said earlier drifted through his mind as Barbanov gently squeezed her, more used to the one giving hugs than being the one receiving them.

"It's over, you're safe now Aiu..." he continued, though he'd be lying if the first half of that line wasn't partially an apology.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:54:39 AM by SirSkully »

Offline Aria

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 02:09:41 PM »
"That's not... that's not..." Aiu muttered, but she couldn't form her thoughts into words between tears. She wanted to tell him it wasn't about her safety. She wanted to tell him about feeling helpless. Helpless and stuck watching pain and suffering all around her. Waking up surrounded by new friends dead on the floor. Violence used to justify violence.

And the thought of a friend being pulled down that cruel path.

Aiu had thought Barb was strong as he stood up against the enemy in defense of his crew with a reassuring smile. Now she wasn't so sure. He was fallible like she was. He needed someone to watch over him and keep him from steering away from that happy light. Aiu slowly pulled herself back, eyes still focused on his chest.

"Ah, I got a little blood on your uniform, sorry," she said quietly, rubbing the spot a little with her sleeve to try and clean it. She was distracting herself, she realized. Aiu sniffled to clear her nose, then looked at Barb directly with her bright sky blue eyes.

"Please... don't become like them..."

Offline SirSkully

• Ignore the Sir, just call me Skully
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 02:44:00 AM »

"Please... don't become like them..."

Those words bounced around the boy's head for a bit, is that how she saw him? as somebody who might become the enemy? he needed to resolve this.

"No I... I'm the one that's sorry," Barb spoke as he looked down to Aiu's shorter frame, moving to wrap the floppy-eared girl in his warm embrace once more - holding back his own tears as Barbanov held her close and began apologizing more.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry... I get mad but, I'm still me I promise," the injured, dirty and very sorry medic tried to convince her - he never had been in complete control of this anger that welled inside him, a force that built and built until he couldn't hide it anymore and it exploded. Today had been rough on everyone involved, so much loss and pain and confusion - it was a lot to take it.

"...please forgive me..."was the last thing muttered as Barbanov stood there in silence, his tail looking to wrap around Aiu's and ask for forgiveness as he embraced her - one clear thing was on his mind though, somebody needed to be there to protect this sweet girl and he couldn't do that if he was going to explode when things got tough.

Offline Aria

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2018, 03:43:21 PM »
Now it was Aiu's turn to be caught off guard as she was pulled back into Barb's embrace. She realized her words were a bit too blunt, a problem she tends to have. Barb was a sweet Daur who had an extremely rough day just like her.

Aiu wrapped her arms around him once again and tried to copy his tail hug, but her tail could only wrap around his knees. Instead she remembered what she did for her little brother for years. She reached her right arm up, a bit of a stretch for her, and gently rubbed his head from behind.

"It's okay, it's okay. I forgive you of course. We all get angry sometimes, I just wanted to ask that you don't let it control you. I don't think it would, but it was an emotional impulse for me to ask. Sorry about that."

Offline Kalshion

• Staff Member
  • Fate, Fight!
  • Here now and back again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 03:22:12 PM »
Chi'ka tapped her lower chin in thought as she listened and then nodded. "Ok people," she turned toward her crew and looked at them each individually before continuing. "Let's get ready to-," her voice was cut off when their comm's suddenly lit up.

Ground Force Command to all troops! Enemies have breached the wall, repeat, enemies have breached the wall! V'kaste's Legion is holding them back but suffering losses! Request reinforcements!

This was then followed by another voice:

Air Control to all fighters, enemy warships inbound from the east! Count five. Scramble all fighters, intercept.

The Shipmistress grumbles and turned toward the ship. "Looks like the plans have changed," she shouted and looked at the troops whom had come to their aid. "Board the Furi'ken, bring main weapons online and prefer for an emergency departure."

She looked at her marines. "Marines, report to CiC for weapons operations."